Friday, November 28, 2014

Sunday Ride

Conditions look good (enough) to get out and burn off the Thanksgiving calories on Sunday. Some chances of scattered rain, but it doesn't look like any continuous downpours will soak us. Temperatures should be in the mid to upper 50s.

Hope to see you at the Fishback Elementary parking lot at 10am on Sunday.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Declaring No Joy for Friday

While the chances of rain or snow are very slight for Friday, the temperature is going to be too cold to be out on the bike for 3 to 4 hours and therefor I am going to postpone the ride.

Unfortunately, i am unavailable Saturday when conditions look better. Sunday looks to be so-so with a temperature in the 50s but with a stronger chance of spotty showers. Once I know for sure I am free on Sunday and can get a more detailed look at the hour by hour forecast I will make a call for that day. If it works out, I hope to see you there.

If not, I'll try this all again sometime in the early spring.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Post-Turkey Ride Update

Looking ahead at the long range weather forecast, it is currently not promising for the ride on the day after Thanksgiving. While it is still 12 days out and will likely change, I would prefer to hold the ride with the temperature in the 40s at the 10 AM start and with no precipitation. I will make a final call on Wednesday, November 26th and post it here and on Twitter. If necessary, I will take a look at the forecast again and consider moving it back a weekend.

Check back in next week for the final decision.